My Journal 3 - Why do I live in the UK

 

I believe at some point, it is essential to be able to give a satisfactory answer to this question. 

It does not have easy answers. It has been well thought by me and my partner. We tried to assess all the aspects of it, all pros and cons were on the table. At least, we tried out best to do so.


Ozan was at his second company when he started seeing the lacks of the place he was working for. I was a full time English teacher in a private school with plenty of private tutoring besides of keeping myself extra busy with some written translation works from time to time. Ozan was OK but my working environment was not. People can be tiring even though you don't give a lot of thoughts on them. 

Along with some striking breaking points, I have reached to some sort of mental state that the community you live actually starts leaking into your own brain. How people think, how people react to things, how people share their stories, etc. It turned into something negative, probably after reaching some certain years of age. The way I see things actually conflicted with the statements and norms of the community. It caused a deep hopelessness. I found myself marginalised without even protesting against. I was on the edge, I was anti-, I was extreme for my community; in terms of my thoughts.



Yorumlar